The healing benefits of a peer support group
- Provides a place to exchange ideas, ask questions and develop coping skills.
- Identifying with others brings more perspective to our own journey.
- Reduces the tendency to bottle up emotions by offering a safe place to express them.
- Gives peace of mind and a sense of relief to loved ones and family members.
- Creates an opportunity to learn from others and find new resources.
- Strengthens communication skills and self-expression.
- Decreases isolation and helps to bring more life balance.
- Brings about an immediate sense of relief by being a part of a supportive circle of others who are focusing on healing.
- Opens a window of opportunity for personal growth during a challenging time.
- Decreases stress and increases focus on healing.
We offer the following support groups:
Cancer Care Counselling
Caregivers Support Group
Men's Support Group
Ovarian Cancer Support Group
Women's Support Group